Massachusetts ENA also provides active committee structures dedicated to education, nurse practice, trauma, pediatrics, membership, injury prevention and communication. Massachusetts ENA is dedicated to providing current emergency nursing information and education through our state council and chapter meetings, our triage and CEN review courses, our newsletter – MENU, which is published quarterly, and our website. Massachusetts ENA provides many experiences and opportunities for emergency nurses including:
- Sponsorship of TNCC, ENPC, and CATN courses
- New England Regional Symposium (hosted by Massachusetts every 6 years)
- An annual day-long education program – “Current Issues in Emergency Care”
- State Council meetings held at various locations throughout the state which include an educational component with CECH
- Speakers Bureau
- Annual Leadership Day
- Active chapters that reflect regional interests and concerns
- Chapter support
- A free ENA membership to each chapter
- Statewide Injury Prevention activities
- Networking opportunities
- Employment news
- Scholarships to ENA activities
- National involvement on committees and work groups
- Responsive leadership
- Active delegation at the annual General Assembly with financial support
- Mass-ENA listserve
- Life-long friendships
- Writing/Publishing opportunities
- Updates on Legislative issues
To learn more about our committees, click here.
BSN, RN, CEN, CPEN
MSN, RN, BA, CEN
Board of Directors
ENA's Position Statement
A Position Statement is an assertion of the beliefs held, encouraged and supported by ENA, and adopted in accordance with ENA’s bylaws, policies, and procedures. The position statements cover a variety of emergency nursing topics.
ENA Position Statements – Recommendations for a course of action or statement of beliefs that reflects ENA’s stance regarding an issue of importance to safe practice, safe care, and optimal patient outcomes.
ENA Joint Statements – An assertion of the beliefs held, encouraged, and supported, but written in collaboration with other external organizations with mutual interest.
ENA Supported Statements – Statements written by an external organization with content expertise identifying a course of action or statement of belief. These statements are officially supported by ENA.